Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Release: New Glarus - Thumbprint Series IIPA

New Glarus Brewing Co.
Thumbprint Series IIPA 
Imperial IPA
9.75% ABV

I credit New Glarus Brewing with my beer obsession. I remember the night I was handed my first Spotted Cow, their flagship farmhouse ale. I remember that first sip, too. It could've been the several beers I had previously drank but I was wowed. There was something different about it that I couldn't put my finger on. All I knew was that I wanted more.

Unfortunately I found out that they only distribute within the state of Wisconsin.

Luckily I only lived 30 minutes from the border.

I made my first beer road trip and New Glarus became my first craft brewery obsession. Which, of course, led to the search for more. Since then I've discovered many breweries and tasted many great beers along the way. And living in today's beer renaissance, its almost impossible to run out of new stuff to try.

Today, New Glarus is shipping out a returning seasonal, their Thumbprint Series IIPA. I missed out on this one last year as I wasn't quite into IPAs at the time it was released. This year, however, I'm more than ready. New Glarus is one of those breweries that tends to blow you away with subtlety. "Well-balanced" seems to be their motto so I'm excited to see their take on such a strong style.

Look for New Glarus' IIPA in 4 packs starting today. But remember, it's "Only in Wisconsin"!

3 comments: