Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Beer Review: Revolution - Galaxy Hero

Revolution Brewing
Galaxy-Hero
American IPA
6.6% ABV

Appearance: Pours a beautiful, clear golden yellow with two fingers of frothy off-white foam.


Smell: Lots of resiny pine with light notes of citrus fruits and pineapple.

Taste: Follows the nose with big, bitter pine and acidic citrus (mainly grapefruit and orange) with a faint caramel malt backbone.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied and crisp with a smooth finish.

Overall, this was a pretty good IPA but nothing spectacular. It's a very bitter beer that lacks complexity but it's tasty nonetheless and surprisingly smooth. I actually had two pints of this at the brewery and was more impressed with it on draft than I was with it out of the bottle. For whatever reason, it seemed a little more fruit-forward on tap. Still, a solid IPA. I don't think I'd buy another bottle but I would grab another pint of this at the brewpub.
4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment